Cheap Flights from New York to Seattle (NYC - SEA)
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Seattle...
- Fri 10 JanEWRSEASun 12 JanSEAEWRSpirit AirlinesIndirectfrom £142
- Fri 10 JanEWRSEAMon 13 JanSEAEWRSpirit AirlinesIndirectfrom £149
- Sat 11 JanEWRSEAMon 13 JanSEAEWRSpirit AirlinesIndirectfrom £159
Flight information New York to Seattle
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2398 miles
Most popular airline last month
Seattle / Tacoma International, Seattle Lake Union SPB and Seattle Boeing Fld
Frequently asked questions
This information is correct as of August 2016
Airlines that fly from New York to Seattle
Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and JetBlue Airways all fly direct from JFK Airport to Seattle/Tacoma Airport. There are no direct flights to Seattle from New York La Guardia Airport.
Terminal Information – Departing
This is only a guideline. Always check your boarding pass for up-to-date terminal information.
New York John F. Kennedy Airport has six terminals, numbered 1 to 8 (skipping terminals 3 and 6, which don't exist). Delta Air Lines leave from terminal 4, JetBlue Airways use terminal 5, and both Alaska Airlines and American Airlines depart from terminal 8. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport through a Boingo hotspot. There are plenty of fast food places at the airport, both before and after security.
Terminal Information – Arriving
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (aka SeaTac) is about 12 miles south of Seattle.
· Link Light Rail takes just over 35 minutes to reach Westlake Station in downtown Seattle. Tickets cost $3*.
· Local buses depart from below the light rail station and outside door number 2.
· Taxis charge about $40-50* and take around 25 minutes to reach the city centre.
· Car hire at Seattle/Tacoma Airport is available from Alamo, Avis, Hertz, Sixt, Thrifty, Enterprise, Budget and National Car. All are based outside the terminal, and you need to take a free shuttle to reach them.
British citizens will need to show their passports before boarding, even although this is an internal flight. American citizens can use their driving licenses. We recommend arriving at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight to Seattle is scheduled to depart.
What to expect in Seattle
Seattle is three hours behind New York. The climate in Seattle is milder than in New York, with cooler summers and slightly warmer winters. Seattle is also famous for its rain. If you visit from November to January it's highly likely you'll get caught in a shower, as the city gets upwards of 25 days of rain during these months.
Seattle is one of the 5 most hipster cities in the US, so be prepared for plenty of craft beer and aeropress coffee. On the plus side, you'll find these things cheaper than you would in Williamsburg. You can get dinner for two in Seattle for $20* less than you would pay in New York, while a pint of draught beer is about $1* less expensive.
*Prices subject to change
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.