Cheap Flights from Helsinki Vantaa to Stockholm (HEL - STO)
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Stockholm...
- Tue 12 NovHELARNWed 20 NovBMAHELFinnairDirectfrom £76
- Tue 12 NovHELARNTue 19 NovARNHELSAS + NorwegianDirectfrom £76
- Thu 14 NovHELARNThu 21 NovARNHELSAS + NorwegianDirectfrom £76
Flight information Helsinki Vantaa to Stockholm
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 273 miles
Most popular airline last month
Stockholm Arlanda, Stockholm Skavsta, Stockholm Bromma and Stockholm Vasteras
Frequently asked questions
This information is correct as of August 2016
Airlines that fly from Helsinki to Stockholm
Stockholm is the most popular destination from Helsinki Airport so we recommend booking your flight as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Terminal Information – Departing
This is only a guideline. Always check your boarding pass for up-to-date terminal information.
Helsinki Vantaa Airport has two terminals. Scandinavian Airlines and CityJet flights to Stockholm depart from Terminal 1. All of the other airlines depart from terminal 2. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport.
Terminal Information – Arriving
Stockholm Arlanda Airport is 25 miles from downtown Stockholm. It's well connected by public transport.
· There's a train station under the arrivals hall. The fastest way to reach the city is by Arlanda Express Train. This leaves the airport every 15 minutes with a journey time of 20 minutes.
· Another option is the commuter train to Stockholm. This service takes about 45 minutes.
· Flygbussarna coaches take 35-45 minutes to reach the city. They leave the airport every 10-15 minutes.
· Taxis are available from outside the terminal. It takes about 40 minutes to reach Stockholm by cab. Note that taxis aren't regulated in Stockholm, so prices can vary quite a bit.
· Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National and Sixt all provide car hire at Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
Stockholm Bromma Airport is about 5.6 miles from the city centre.
· It takes about 20 minutes to reach the city by Flygbussarna coach.
· Taxis usually make the journey in about 15 minutes.
· Europcar, Mabi, Avis, Hertz, Sixt and Budget all offer car hire at Stockholm Bromma Airport.
You may be asked to show your passport when you fly from Helsinki to Stockholm. We recommend arriving at the airport 90 minutes or more before your flight is scheduled to depart.
What to expect in Stockholm
The local currency is the Swedish krona. The climate in Stockholm is similar to Helsinki, with warm summers and freezing cold winters. Stockholm is slightly warmer throughout the year. Summers are very pleasant, with temperatures in the low-20°C's from June to August.
Hotels in Stockholm book up early at this time of year, especially for the midsummer celebrations. Winter in Stockholm is very cold: It can get as cold as -5°C during January and February, which is much warmer than the -10°C often found in Helsinki at this time of year. Prices in Stockholm are slightly higher than prices in Helsinki.
*Prices subject to change
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.