26 Oct 2019 - 27 Oct 2019
2 guests - 1 room
Where to Stay in Montevideo
Montevideo is both the largest city in Uruguay and its capital. Established in 1724, the oldest part of the city became known as Ciudad Vieja. Carrasco International Airport (MVD) is Montevideo’s international airport, and there are several hotels near the airport.
Ciudad Vieja means “Old City,” and this area has many buildings dating from colonial times. It is also home to Uruguay’s main port.
1. Puerto Mercado Hotel is one of the cheap hotels in Montevideo. It is near the Montevideo Cathedral, Port Market, and Cabildo. It has 51 rooms. Amenities include a library, a business centre, and concierge services.
2. NH Montevideo Columbia is a mid-range hotel. As it has 136 rooms, it is often available as one of the last-minute hotels in Montevideo. Amenities include a fitness centre, concierge services, and a restaurant.
3. Alma Historica Boutique Hotel has 15 rooms with a history theme. Each room is decorated in tribute of a historical figure. The amenities include a library, spa, and business centre.
Pocitos is a neighbourhood famous for its beach and accompanying boulevard, the Rambla.
1. 27 Suites is a cheap hotel with 81 rooms. It is near the beach and within walking distance of the Punta Carretas Shopping Centre. Amenities include laundry service and free Wi-Fi.
2. Punta Trouville Hotel is a mid-range hotel with 166 rooms. In addition to being near the beach, it is also close to Villa Biaritz Park and Pittamaglio’s Castle. Amenities include a fitness centre, a business centre, and concierge services.
3. The Palm Beach Plaza Hotel is one of the boutique hotels in Montevideo and has 28 rooms. It is near the beach and across from Gomensoro Square. Amenities include free Wi-Fi and laundry service.
Montevideo Airport Hotels
Staying at an airport hotel in Montevideo has its advantages. One is not having to get up in the early hours of the morning in order to catch a plane. Carrasco International Airport was extensively renovated in 2009. It is located in the suburb Carrasco, about 9 miles east of the centre of town.
Carrasco International Airport Hotels
1. Hotel Bahamas is one of the cheap hotels in Montevideo, and it is a little over 3 miles from the airport. Amenities include a swimming pool, an airport shuttle, and a restaurant.
2. The Hampton by Hilton Montevideo is a mid-range hotel. With its 117 rooms, it is also one of the last-minute hotels in Montevideo. It is a little over a mile from the airport and is also near the Museo Aeronautica and the Iglesia Stella Maris. Amenities include a pool, a fitness centre, a business centre, and conference rooms.
3. Belmont House is one of the boutique hotels in Montevideo. It is around 4 miles from the airport and has 28 rooms. It is near the beach, and its amenities include a sauna, hotel safe, business centre, and fitness centre.
Visit Skyscanner to find the best deals on hotels and flights. Use the filter to choose criteria to help you select your accommodations.
Uruguay is a místic pacific and nice place to stay . You will love your visit as I do ! I hope you can decide to travel here and visit all the intercostal and get ready to open your mind .
I was there for approx 19 months, good time there in carnival, outdoor, best for people who look forward for peace, green. quite expensive, but few places like Colonia, punta del este, cabo polonia are worth visiting.
Whats a beautiful Place and interesting monument. If you stay around take this visit.
This is the capital, a port city and the largest city in Uruguay. There is a laid back vibe with nice colonial architecture. We were there on a Sunday so the stores were not open but there is a very large street market that was very colorful. Watch out for pickpockets at the market!