With the Easter holidays just around the corner, here are our top five tips on how to grab a great deal:
1. Go to Greece! – Following in-depth research on flight prices, a Skyscanner study showed that the best time to book a cheap flight to Greece is just three weeks in advance – perfect timing to book now for Easter! Fly from London Stansted to Kos from just £106 return*.
2. It pays to do your research on popular routes – Skyscanner research shows that flight prices increase when two airlines operate the same route, compared to when just one airline or three or more airlines operate. For example, London Gatwick to Nice has numerous airlines operating the route including British Airways, easyJet and Norwegian. Flying out on 9th April for one week costs just £68 return*!
3. Stay savvy with Skyscanner’s Price Alerts – Let the deals come to you! Once you’ve decided on your dream Easter destination, set up a price alert which will notify you when the fare changes so you can book when it is at its cheapest.
4. Flexibility is a frugal traveller’s friend – Use Skyscanner’s Month View search tool and fly on less popular days of the week. For instance, fly from London Gatwick to Faro on Wednesday 9th, returning on 16th April and save over £150 per family of four, compared to travelling on Friday 11th – 18th April.
5. Consider Everywhere – For those with a limited budget but an unlimited imagination, Skyscanner recommends using its Search Everywhere tool this Easter, which will find the cheapest destinations to travel to for a specific date period.
Using this clever tool the following flight bargains were found for the Easter weekend, departing 18th April – returning 21st April:
– Dublin from £40 per person: Price includes return flights from Manchester
– Edinburgh from £84 per person. Price includes return flights from London Stansted
– Gerona from £107 per person. Price includes return flights from Bristol
– Gothenburg from £126 per person. Price includes return flights from Edinburgh
– Paris from £150 per person. Price includes return flights from London Heathrow
*All prices correct as of 17.30 on 24 March 2014.