Hello! First things first: a big thank you for being a part of the Skyscanner community. You help us make travel better. By connecting people all over the world, who share their personal travel experiences with each other, we’re creating an amazing resource to help plan your next trip.
So, sure: feel all noble and stuff. It’s pretty great.
Still, if we’re going to be truly useful, there do need to be a few house rules we all need to follow. Happily, our rules are super-simple, so there shouldn’t be any need for us to get tough! By using Skyscanner, you agree to these rules and our Terms of Service.
Be true to you
Our community doesn’t work unless everyone is being genuine and truthful. It’s all about giving good, trusted advice.
The best way to earn people’s trust? Just be yourself. Your account should be an accurate reflection of who you are. It’s for your personal use, and you should only contribute content that you have created yourself.
Things that breach our code of truth: impersonating others, spamming, ticket scalping, violating other people’s privacy, defaming or harassing people, adding anyone else’s photos, and anything illegal.
Skyscanner is all about sharing information on the fun and awesome stuff you’ve done. It’s not a place to start arguments or offend. Also, this is a global community where people will have varying opinions, experiences, budgets and preferences — so please show respect for these differences.
Be an example
We want to be helpful so, if someone’s new to the community, make them feel welcome. Be a positive force: that will encourage others to behave the same way, and can only build and improve what we have.
Don’t feed the trolls — they only have fun if they get a response. Ignore them and report them to us instead.
Be safe and smart
Use your common sense when it comes to health and safety. If something doesn’t feel right in your gut — listen to it. Being over-cautious is better than being not cautious enough.
isn’t responsible for the actions of community members, so you’ve got to be responsible for yourself.
Good travel recommendations can make another person’s trip great — but to be really useful, there are a few things to bear in mind:
- It’s not just about WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. The more enjoyable and easy your recommendations are to read, the better. Keep it straightforward, simple and let your natural personality shine through.
- Detail, detail, detail. It’s a good idea to be specific when you’re recommending something. So rather than saying the food is so good at that restaurant —what was your favourite dish? How did it taste? Make us hungry! Think about what extra information might make all the difference to someone.
- Make it personal. The most useful information is the stuff our community can’t find anywhere else. Share the things personal to you — whether that’s what you particularly liked about something or how it made you feel. Try to include little details you noticed that might be helpful — like the best time of day to get a table at a great restaurant.
- Be honest — but be constructive. If something wasn’t so great, don’t hide it – but we like to point out any shortcomings constructively. Think ‘don’t bother with the lamb, but everything else was great’ rather than ‘I really hated my waitress’s shoes and my food was terrible’
- Don’t post false information. That should be a no-brainer, but be aware that it could also have legal consequences for you. It’s not worth it!
Why we might remove your content
This is rare, but sometimes we’ll remove content, such as an image, photograph or review, if we think it doesn’t adhere to these guidelines, the spirit of Skyscanner, or our Terms of Service.
Here are a few reasons we might think that, so you can avoid any problems:
- It is inappropriate: The content contains bad language, or adult, offensive, objectionable content or is in any way obscene.
- It is plagiarised or infringing: The content or image has been copied from another person or website, and posted as though it is your own.
- There’s a conflict of interest: Reviews and other content must come with no strings attached. Please don’t write a positive review or upload images of your own business, or review something in exchange for money or freebies. Please also resist reviewing your employer, or any business in which you could be considered to have a commercial interest. Play fair!
- It is malicious: Likewise, we don’t want you to post a negative review or upload images of a competitor in bad faith. And definitely don’t threaten anyone with a bad review unless they give you something. Not cool.
- It is off-topic: If the review or image was posted to a topic page that is unrelated, we will remove it. That’s just confusing.
How to report abuse
If you see something on Skyscanner that violates these guidelines, please let us know. It’s super-easy to bring it to our attention: just click the ‘Flag this’ button next to the problem content, and we’ll take a look. Help us keep our community useful and, well, nice.
Please note that we don’t get involved with disputes between business owners, competitors, customers, ex-employees, or other entities. We only remove reviews we think violate our guidelines and Terms of Service. Thanks for understanding.