23 Oct 2019 - 24 Oct 2019
2 guests - 1 room
Where to stay in Aqaba
Aqaba is a bustling seaside city. Some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world happens here, alongside amazing historical sites, shopping, dining, and adventure. Travellers can take a camel ride through the wind-sculpted landscape of Wadi Rum, or sit back and watch aquatic life from a glass-bottomed vessel at sea. Travellers seeking hotels near the airport will find different budget options with shuttle services to and from their flights.
Movenpick Beach Region
Right on the water, there are three public beaches in this area. Spa resorts, shopping, and restaurants line the streets. Spend an evening smoking Hookah and cocktails at Romero Aqaba.
1. When searching for cheap hotels in Aqaba, Al Qidra Hotel and Suites sits just a walk from the beach or town centre, and it won’t bust the budget. Rooms include private balconies, free Wi-Fi access, and beach umbrellas.
2. Last minute hotels in Aqaba with first-rate locations are available. The Captains Tourist Hotel is a good mid-range option. It has a fitness center, airport shuttle services, sauna, and Jacuzzi just one block from the waterfront.
3. The Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Aqaba has a central location close to shopping and beaches. There’s an in-house restaurant that serves fresh seafood and a lounge with a view of the Red Sea.
Airport Hotels in Aqaba
Aqaba Airport (AQJ) is a 20-minute drive from the city centre. The airport has a single jet terminal and typically handles around 10 flights a week through its largest operator Royal Jordanian.
1. The SOHO Eliat is the closest hotel to Aqaba Aiport at 1.5 miles away. Among cheap hotels in Aqaba, this one has some nice amenities, including an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, private bathrooms, and a gym.
2. The Oryx is an inland hotel closer to Aqaba Airport. This mid-range hotel has a full spa, comfortable styled rooms, restaurants, and airport shuttle service.
3. The Astral Nirvana Hotel Suites is about 7 miles from Aqaba Airport and 2 miles from the city centre. This resort has two pools, a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi in the lobby, a children’s club, and a restaurant with a lounge.
Spa Hotels in Aqaba
With such a temperate climate and natural beauty, many hotels in Aqaba include extensive spa services. Book last minute hotels in Aqaba on the waterfront; they often offer diving lessons, parasailing, and scuba tours.
1. Kempinksi Hotel Aqaba offers resort-style accommodations right on its own private beach. Guests enjoy activities like jet-skiing and parasailing or relax with one of the treatments at the spa.
2. Guests of Movenpick Resort have access to a full-service spa, private beach, and marina. Childcare is available with supervised activities, a children’s club, children’s pool, and playground.
3. Intercontinental Aqaba has a private beach and is just a 5-minute walk from public beaches. Elegant rooms overlooking the sea or the lagoon-style pool. A full spa is included with extensive services. The hotel caters to couples through romantic settings and packages.
Check out Skyscanner to find cheap hotels in Aqaba or luxury spa experiences to enjoy the sandy beaches of the Red Sea.
I loved it! Small town very close to Wadi Rum desert. Very friendly and welcoming people. One of the most amazing and unique experiences I ever had. Definitely going back some day.
Aqaba is good to visit now as it it cold anywhere else in the country but Aqaba has nice spring temp
Aqaba is a great place to go. The People are very helpful and their english is good as well!
This is the port entry to get to Petra and Wadi Rum. Nice, small, walkable and very busy city. Not very touristy but a good way to see the locals and visit the small shops and restaurants. We did get good internet at the Hilton.