Cheap Flights from Newcastle to Vienna (NCL - VIE)
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Vienna...
- Tue 3 MarNCLVIETue 10 MarVIENCLRyanair + LaudamotionIndirectfrom £63
- Wed 4 MarNCLVIEWed 11 MarVIENCLRyanair + LaudamotionIndirectfrom £86
- Wed 11 MarNCLVIESat 21 MarVIENCLRyanair + LaudamotionIndirectfrom £88
Direct flights to Vienna
Non-stop flights currently depart between November and December
- AVERAGE FLIGHT TIME2h 35min
- CHEAPEST DIRECT RETURN£62
- AVERAGE FLIGHTS PER WEEK2
Flight information Newcastle to Vienna
Cheapest return price last month
Average flight time, total distance 914 miles
Most popular airline last month
Frequently asked questions
This information is correct as of August 2016
Airlines that fly from Newcastle to Vienna
No airlines currently offer direct flights from Newcastle to Vienna. Indirect flights are available with KLM via Amsterdam, Austrian Airlines and Air France via Paris and British Airways via Heathrow.
Terminal Information – Departing
This is only a guideline. Always check your boarding pass for up-to-date terminal information.
Newcastle Airport is the UK’s tenth busiest airport and the second busiest in the North of England after Manchester. As well as plenty of places to eat and drink, the airport also has plenty of great shops to browse. These include a duty free shop for picking up discounted perfumes, a Travelex for exchanging your sterling into euro, and a Dixons Travel where you can pick up any chargers or travel adapters that you may have forgotten to pack.
Newcastle Airport has several coffee shops and pubs, so you'll be happy no matter what you like to drink before boarding. Coffee shops include an Upper Crust and a Caffe Ritaza, and pubs include the Beer House, and Bar 11. Most serve food as well but there are plenty of other places to grab a bite including Burger King, Greggs, and M&S Food to Go.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, allowing you to research your upcoming trip to Vienna while you wait to board. If you need somewhere quiet to work or relax, check into the Aspire Lounge.
Terminal Information – Arriving
Vienna Airport is well connected to the city by public transport.
· The City Airport Train takes 16 minutes to reach the city centre and costs €11* for a single ticket or €17* for a return
· The S7 takes 37 minutes. For this train, you need two single tickets which each cost €2.20* each.
· Taxis are available from outside of the airport, and it’s possible to book a private transfer service online.
· Car hire at Vienna Airport is available from Avis, Buchbinder, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Megadrive, Sixt and Thrifty.
As this is an international flight, you should aim to arrive at Newcastle Airport at least two hours before departure. You will need a valid passport to fly to Vienna as the United Kingdom is not in the Schengen Zone.
What to expect in Vienna
Vienna is an hour ahead of Newcastle and the local currency is the Euro (€). If you’re flying to Vienna during the winter months, you should expect the weather to be much chillier than Newcastle. January in Vienna particularly bitter, with temperatures averaging -1°C compared to a milder 3°C in Newcastle. In summer, Vienna is warmer than Newcastle. Expect daily averages of around 19°C in July and August, around 5°C warmer than the 13-14°C average that Newcastle typically gets.
Looking for travel tips and advice? Our top ten things to do in Vienna should help you put together your itinerary.
*Prices subject to change
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.