Cheap Flights from London to Stavanger
Flight information London to Stavanger
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 551 miles
Most popular airline last month
This information is correct as of August 2016
Airlines that fly from London to Stavanger
Terminal Information – Departing
This is only a guideline. Always check your boarding pass for up-to-date terminal information.
From Heathrow: Scandinavian Airlines flights depart from terminal 2 while British Airways flights leave from terminal 5. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport. Terminal 2 has a Plaza Premium Lounge while terminal 5 has an Aspire Lounge and Spa. Both terminals have a fantastic range of designer shops and excellent restaurants, notably Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food in terminal 5
From Gatwick: Norwegian Air Shuttle flights depart from the south terminal. This terminal has a No.1 Lounge. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport for 90 minutes. There are two Wetherspoon bars (The Flying Horse and The Beehive) and high-street restaurant chains like Nando's, Wagamama and Giraffe. Shops include British favourites like Cath Kidston, Harrods and Ted Baker.
Terminal Information – Arriving
Stavanger Airport is just under seven miles from the city centre.
· Stavanger to Sola shuttle buses depart the airport every 20-30 minutes. Tickets cost NOK 120* or NOK 180* if you buy a return.
· Another option is the Sandnes to Sola shuttle, which is slightly slower and leaves the airport every half hour. Make sure you're taking the bus to Sola, and not to Sandnes. Tickets cost NOK 95*, or NOK 140* for a return.
· Kolumbus bus line 42 also calls at the airport. Tickets start at NOK 33*.
· There's a taxi stand between the terminal and the car park.
· Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Enterprise all provide car hire at Stavanger Airport.
You need a valid passport to fly to Stavanger from London. Aim to arrive at the airport between two hours and 90 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure time.
What to expect in Stavanger
Stavanger is an hour ahead of London. The local currency is the Norwegian krone. Stavanger has a colder climate than London. The average temperature during July and August is 15°C, with highs of 18°C. In London the average is 17°C, by comparison. Temperatures tend to sit between -1°C and 1°C during January and February in Stavanger. Norway is an expensive country, and prices in Stavanger are quite a bit higher than prices in London. You can expect to pay about £73.50* for a three course meal for two in a mid-range restaurant (compared to £55* in London) while a pint of draught beer costs about £7.50* (£4.20* in London).
Need somewhere to stay? Compare hotels in Stavanger to find great deals.
*Prices subject to change
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.