It only happens every four years and this year the Rugby World Cup has descended upon England and Wales. That means cauliflower ears, tree trunk thighs and muddy knees are now common sights on our televisions. So whether you support a home nation, are glory hunting with the All Blacks or cheering on the under dogs Japan the coming weeks will captivate the nation.
To celebrate the Rugby World Cup’s arrival in the UK we are offering one lucky winner the chance to win flights to a destination of their choice and a signed rugby shirt of the winning team.
Where will you be getting off to? For every try scored during the Rugby World Cup we will notch up 5 miles on our counter. After the final match on October 31st, the total on the counter is the number of miles you can travel.
Skyscanner Try Tracker
One Try = 5 miles
You could use your prize to see one of 7 best rugby stadiums in the world.
Check out some of the best rugby stadiums in the UK and further afield.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms & conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all participants in the “Try Tracker” promotion (the “Promotion”).
2. The organiser of the Promotion is Skyscanner Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 04217916 and registered address at c/o Pinsent Masons LLP, 5 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7BA (“Skyscanner”).
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
4. The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over as at the 21st September 2015.
5. Entry to the Promotion is free of charge and is not conditional on the purchase or use of any products/services of Skyscanner or its group companies (the “Skyscanner group”).
6. The directors, management and employees of any entity within the Skyscanner group and any third party involved in the organisation of this Promotion, as well as their immediate families, are not entitled to participate in the promotion.
7. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
8. Skyscanner at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant to the Promotion where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms.
HOW TO ENTER
9. In order to enter the Promotion, you require to enter your e-mail address using the form available at http://www.skyscanner.net/news/win-flights-and-signed-rugby-shirt-skyscanners-try-tracker (the “Promotion Site”).
10. Entries will be accepted from 12.30pm on 25th September 2015 (the “Commencement Date”) to 11pm on 31st October 2015 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Commencement Date or after the Closing Date are invalid and will not be accepted. Skyscanner shall not be responsible for any entry submission failures caused by technical errors.
11. By entering the Promotion, you hereby warrant that your entry does not contain any content which (a) is plagiarised from or otherwise infringes the intellectual property of any third party or contains any third party material or content for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses, consents and/or approvals; (b) is defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence and/or in breach of privacy; (c) constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or (d) is technically harmful (including, without limitation, containing computer viruses).
12. By entering the Promotion, you hereby grant to the Skyscanner group (and its agents and partners) a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use your name, image, likeness and your entry (including without limitation any text, graphics, photographs comprised therein) for the purposes of promoting and/or marketing the Skyscanner brand and business.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
13. The winner will be determined by way of random draw, which will take place in Edinburgh.
14. The winning entry will be chosen at 5pm on 4th November 2015 and the winner will be notified via email no later than 30th November 2015. The winner will be contacted for confirmation that they accept their prize and for any supporting information or actions that may be required, such as the provision of booking preference details. Failure to provide such information to Skyscanner’s satisfaction within 30 days of receipt of the email may result in the prize being forfeited and Skyscanner choosing to re-run the selection process to choose an alternative winner.
15. Failure to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms may result in a winner being disqualified and an alternative winner being chosen in their place. In addition, Skyscanner reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to award any prize to any winner who has or, is deemed likely to have, violated any term or rule outlined in these Terms, gained unfair advantage or won the Promotion using fraudulent or unfair means.
16. The prize is one (1) return flight up to the distance of the final number of points accrued on the points counter on the Promotion Site, subject to a maximum value of £1,000 GPB. The final prize will be determined in accordance with the number of points scored in the Rugby World Cup any of the participating teams. For every try scored, 5 points will be added to the total points displayed on the Promotion Site. The location of the prize must be a destination available to book via Skyscanner. The prize must be completed by 30th June 2016 and booking must be made within thirty (30) days of the winner accepting the prize. In additional to the flight prize, the winner will receive a signed rugby top of the team which wins the tournament.
17. Receipt of the prize is conditional upon the winner having a valid passport and visa (if appropriate) permitting travel to the relevant destination, with at least six (6) months’ validity.
18. The value of the prize is based on the recommended retail value or market value as at Commencement Date. The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be given. Where any element of the prize is unavailable, an alternative of equal value will be provided. Any extra costs beyond the value of the prize as outlined in these terms will be the responsibility of the winner.
19. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the prize or any element thereof, then the prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or the relevant element).
20. Skyscanner accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and advises entrants that independent financial advice be sought in the event of winning. Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner, including obtaining travel insurance to cover healthcare, lost baggage and other related travel costs.
21. By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Skyscanner shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize.
22. If you would like to receive a copy of these Terms free of charge, please contact us at the address set out in clause 2 above or at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. All selections and decisions made by Skyscanner in conjunction with this Promotion are final and binding and no discussions will be entered into or correspondences entertained in this regard.
24. Skyscanner shall be entitled to terminate or modify the Promotion or these Terms at any time prior to the Closing Date by publishing any such modification or termination on the relevant Skyscanner website or otherwise communicating it in writing to entrants.
25. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Skyscanner and which prevents Skyscanner from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), Skyscanner will not be liable or responsible in any in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
26. Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, Skyscanner will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or claims arising out of or relating to the Promotion or the use of any prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
27. These Terms and the Promotion are governed by the laws of England & Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
28. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter and you release Facebook and Twitter in full from any liability which may arise relating to your participation in the Promotion.