web developer (Operations) (Edinburgh, UK)
Junior Web Developer Graduates welcome
Online display Advertising Manager (Edinburgh, UK)
SEO Manager (Edinburgh, Uk)
Head of Operations (Edinburgh, UK)
Web Developer – 2 positions (Edinburgh, UK)
Web Scraper Developer (Edinburgh, UK) – Graduates Welcome
how to apply…
Web Developer (Operations) (Edinburgh, UK)
Competitive salary and excelent benefits [apply now](http://mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Web Developer (operations) (insert your name))
Attend a CEO lunch to catch up with the boss
Skyscanner is Europe’s leading flight search engine, offering a flexible, fast and independent solution to finding flights on the web. As a rapidly growing company, you will join us at an exciting time in our development, offering you the chance to make significant contributions to the direction and development of Skyscanner.
We offer excellent career development opportunities to the right people, whilst offering you the chance to hone your skills in an innovative and free-thinking environment. Other perks include competitive salaries, brilliant benefits, a great games lounge and our fridge full of free irn-bru.
About the job
The development and operations teams keep us at the forefront of the market by constantly enhancing our leading-edge search engine with new functionality, and refining the user experience we deliver on our site.
The Operations team have overall responsibility for the business critical software, systems and processes that underpin our flight search engine. As a Web Developer within the team, your primary responsibility will be the support and maintenance of our public facing website codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users.
This will include:
- the diagnosis and resolution of identified issues.
- core system monitoring and maintenance.
- system configuration management.
- 2nd line support queries.
- as well as working with business owners to deliver key service enhancement projects.
You will also work closely with engineering web and database developers to ensure that the integrity of the production service is maintained as new features are developed and subsequently released.
We expect you to:
- Provide support to ensure the integrity and quality of the website through: Investigating and diagnosing the causes of production problems.
Developing solutions to fix identified issues.
- Write quality server-side and front-end code for the Skyscanner web site
- Take business requirements for system enhancements, and produce: Technical solution designs.
Estimates & schedules for solution delivery.
- Advise on new features, architectural components, and software infrastructure.
- Provide support to ensure the integrity and quality of the website.
- Building rich web experiences with Ajax.
- Developing XML or JSON-based Web Services.
- SQL databases and SQL programming.
- Test-driven development and NUnit.
- Software design patterns.
- Branched development (e.g. using SVN), and cContinuous Iintegration and Unit Testing.
- Working on large-scale consumer-facing websites.
- Other programming languages (e.g. Python), environments (e.g. Linux, Windows Server), and frameworks.
We are passionate about building high-quality, high-performance, scalable systems that delight our users. If you are too, we would love to talk to you.
Send us a current CV to email@example.com with the following:
- Make the subject line "Web Developer [Operations] (Insert your name)".
- Write a covering letter detailing how you meet the essential requirements of the position.
- Look at our site and tell us what we do well, what you would improve, and something you find technically interesting about it.
- Suggest a book, blog, website or magazine you recommend we read.
- Tell us how you can help a team of highly skilled developers work to their best ability.