Welcome to our travel quiz! Put your general travel knowledge to the test and find out how well you know your fellow travellers. There are three rounds: General Travel Knowledge, Travel Trends, and a City round to finish off. Complete on your own or go head-to-head with friends and family. You’ll find all the answers to the questions at the bottom of the quiz.
Travel Quiz: Round One
General Travel Knowledge
Travel across the world in five questions.
1. Name Belgium’s three official languages?
A) Dutch, English, French
B) German, Occitan, Dutch
C) French, Dutch, German
D) Flemish, French, Lombard
2. The flag of Barbados features which item?
3. Which of these countries does not have a territorial claim in Antarctica?
C) New Zealand
4. What is the main currency of Argentina?
5. Which of these is the longest river in Ireland?
Travel Quiz: Round 2
The second round of our travel quiz is all about how well you know your fellow travellers. Some of the following questions and answers are based on searches and bookings on our website and mobile app.
1. What was the most popular destination for UK travellers in 2019?
2. What was the most popular city for UK travellers in 2019?
C) New York
3. What was the most popular emerging destination for UK travellers in 2019?
A) Enfidha, Tunisia
B) Krakow, Poland
C) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
D) Fuzhou, China
4. In 2019, what was the average length of a domestic holiday in the UK?
A) 1 day
B) 3 days
C) 5 days
D) 7 days
5. What were the top three most confiscated items at airport security in 2019?
A) Snow globes, jams and spreads, toiletries
B) Jarred chutneys, olive oils, wine
C) Spirits, artwork, chocolate spread
D) Tropical fish, cultural artefacts, cheeses
Travel Quiz: Round Three
New York, New York
For the final round of our travel quiz we head to New York, the most popular destination for UK travellers in 2019. Can you pass as a native New Yorker by answering these questions correctly?
1. What percentage of New York is covered by green space?
2. Which New York museum receives the most visitors each year?
A) Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
B) Metropolitan Museum of Art
C) American Museum of Natural History
D) The Guggenheim Museum
3. How many boroughs make up New York?(for a bonus point can you name them all)
4. Which of these films was not shot in the Big Apple?
B) Breakfast at Tiffany’s
C) The Avengers
D) Fantastic Beasts
5. What distinguishes a proper New York-style pizza?
A) Large, foldable slices and a crispy outer crust
B) Thick cut of pizza with pillowy dough and a crunchy crust
C) Cheese spread to the very edges, creating a caramelised cheese perimeter
D) A thin cracker-like consistency that is made without yeast.
What’s this? The scores are tied you say? Luckily we have a killer tie breaker to settle things.
1. How many steps are there to reach the second floor of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France? (the closest answer wins)
Round 1 – General Travel Knowledge
Round 2 – Travel Trends
Round 3 – New York, New York
3. B (The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn)
4. D (Fantastic Beasts was set in 1920s New York but filmed in the UK)
Enjoyed the quiz? We’ve come up with some other ways of staying entertained during lockdown. Explore our list of top 10 travel podcasts to listen to, 15 inspiring books that will take you around the world, and must watch travel movies that will move you. Are there little travellers in your household? Keep them entertained with our play packs.