Top summer holiday packing tips and 20% off with Missguided
We know that holiday packing is tricky, especially with many finding themselves sticking to hand luggage to avoid additional baggage fees. We've teamed up with Missguided UK to bring you top holiday packing tips.
To celebrate the summer holidays global fashion brand Missguided has got everything you need for your official babe uniform.
1. Love your body
Whether we like to admit it or not, many of us fall victim to the dreaded red glow known as sunburn. Despite all efforts, it's often the case we get a little too excited at the sight of some sun and lose all inhibitions. In which case, it helps to show your body some love and pack something loose fitting - you'll thank yourself when you're lathered in after sun struggling to get that bodycon dress on, what's more - it'll allow for some breathing space for maximum cooling efforts.
2. Try a 2-4-1 shoe
It's no secret that we have to be fairly cut throat on our clothes and shoes when packing with limited sizes - which often leaves us battling between the sparkly sandals or our comfy go to flip flops. Why not take both!? Well sort of...with so many options out there we recommend going for a pair that is durable for the day but stylish enough for the night (and comfortable). If in doubt, black leather usually ticks all the boxes. Added bonus, you'll spend less time deciding between the two and more time sipping on cocktails.
3. It's all about that bling
Now this tip is not a surprise but it's such an important one that we couldn't leave it off the list. Mix up your outfits with different accessories so you can turn that beach dress into a bar dress all with one simple addition. Not only will it save you space but it will save you time having to go back and change just remember to stick it in your beach bag!
4. Go with a theme
If you're like many of us and find it nearly impossible to decide on outfits before you travel (curse those that can be organised), go with a colour theme. This frees you up to be more flexible in mixing and matching with your items when that outfit you'd planned in your head really hasn't pulled through and panic has begun to set in.
5. What's sarong with a scarf?
It might seem strange to pack a scarf when you're off on your summer holiday but this little saviour will have your back, quite literally (among other things). Use as a sarong for the beach or some shoulder shelter at lunch. Dress up a plain top or protect your head from the sun. The best of all, keep cosy for the cooler nights and harsh flight air con when you're on your way home to lesser weather.
Going somewhere this S17? Our friends at Missguided have put together some great looks so you can stay stylish for the hottest places to travel this summer...
Let your wanderlust get the better of you this summer and head to the Indonesian Island of Bali. If you are looking to feel totally zen this is the ultimate recharge holiday, known for it's relaxed vibe you can spend all day on the white sands in a tropical print swimsuit, throw on a pair of denim shorts and you're all set for an evening of cocktails in coconuts and sunset partying.
If sunsets, champagne cocktails and summer parties are your thing then Mykonos is the destination for you. Hit up scorpios on a Sunday afternoon for an all day sesh, make sure that you are pool to party ready in this mesh two piece, just add heels and cat eye sunglasses for ultimate poolside cool.
Want more tips? Check these out for size...
Here's all the info you need on cabin luggage sizes and weight allowances on major European airlines.
Our guide to the most common packing mistakes.
Here's a no-nonsense guide to what liquids you can carry in your hand luggage.
Terms and Conditions
20% off site wide in association with Skyscanner
These terms and conditions apply to the “20% off” Missguided promotion advertised on The Skyscanner website (“Skyscanner website”)(“Promotion”). The Promotion allows you to use the code stipulated on the Skyscanner website (“Code”) to redeem a 20% off site wide (“Discount”) on all full price (non-sale) items on Missguided’s official website www.missguided.co.uk(“Website”) (“Items”). The Offer is available to Skyscanner customers only. Purchase necessary.
- To redeem the Discount you will need to select the Items that you wish to purchase on the Website and then proceed to checkout where you will need to enter the Code. The Code must be used by 23:59 (GMT) on 18/08/17 (“Expiry Date”). You can only use the Code once. You cannot use the Code and apply the Discount in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion e.g. student discount. The Code cannot be used against sale items and/or against delivery charges. You cannot use the Code for any other purpose, other than as set out in these terms and conditions. You cannot transfer or exchange the Discount for any purpose, amount, gift, items, money, vouchers or other form of compensation. The Code can only be used once.
- By using the Code you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions please do not use the Code.
- The Discount is available from 09:00 (GMT) on 01/08/17 until 23:59 (GMT) on 18/08/17 (“Promotion Period”). At the end of the Promotion Period the Discount will no longer be available.
- Conditions of use: i. You must be aged over 16. If you are aged under 18 you must have the permission of your parent or guardian to participate in this Promotion and by using the Code you confirm that you have obtained such permission; ii. You must be resident in the United Kingdom; iii. You must use the Code before the Expiry Date; iv. You must agree to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse the Discount to any person that does not satisfy these conditions of use.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Promotion at any stage where we deem it necessary and/or there are circumstances outside our reasonable control which affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion e.g. software or network malfunction preventing the use and application of the Code, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- All purchases using the Code are subject to the Terms of Sale https://www.missguided.co.uk/promotions-terms/ Where goods purchased using the Discount are subsequently returned for a refund, any refund due will take into account the Discount and an appropriate amount will be deducted from your refund.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury occurring to you or any third party arising from this Promotion.
- These terms are governed by the law of England and Wales.
- This Promotion is administered by Missguided Limited (company number 03235904) of 75 Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, United Kingdom M17 1ES.
To see full promotional terms and conditions click here.