This competition is open to all residents of the UK and Ireland, except for employees and agencies of Skyscanner or any other person connected to this promotion. The promoter (Skyscanner Ltd) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
The promoter’s decision is final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
This is a free prize draw. No purchase necessary.
No trade, third party or consumer group applicants will be accepted.
Entrants should be 18 years and above.
Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner.
Where the prize involves travel, the winner is responsible – unless otherwise specified – for:
- Paying all fees and taxes
- Arranging appropriate travel insurance
- Familiarising themselves with visa and other travel requirements
- For countries where visas are required, the winner is responsible for applying for and paying for visas in good time ahead of the trip
- For countries operating a visa waiver programme, the winner is responsible for applying for authorisation in good time ahead of the trip
- All travel is undertaken at the own risk of the winner and his/her nominated participants in the trip
The prize winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
Skyscanner Ltd shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date by publishing any such modification or termination on any Skyscanner Ltd website. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Skyscanner Ltd shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize winners will be awarded on a fair and random basis and the prize has been made available for distribution.
The winners’ names will be made available upon request and will be displayed on our ‘Skyscanner free prize draw winner’s page’.
By entering this prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the conditions.
The judge’s decision shall be final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
Winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. It is the responsibility of the winner to submit correct contact details for this period.
If no reply is received to this notification within 14 days, Skyscanner reserves the right to withdraw the prize and award it to another participant in the draw. A second email will be sent warning of this, before the prize is made forfeit.
Winners will be notified in writing / by phone / by email within 28 days of the closing date.
No cash or other alternative prizes are available except that, in the event of circumstances outside of the promoter’s control, they reserve the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
If the prizes stated are unavailable, an alternative of the same value will be supplied.
Only one entry per email address is permitted.
By registering and entering your details you consent to receive information and promotions from Skyscanner.
Details are accurate at time of print.
Your data may be shared with the co-organiser (prize sponsor) of this competition but we will not pass your data on to any other third parties.
10 Waterloo Place
Edinburgh EH1 3EG
Specific terms and conditions for this prize draw/competition:
BMI Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Eligibility: This prize draw promotion (the "Promotion") is open from 01 April 2010 until 30 April 2010 for participants aged 18 or over (the “Participants”).
2. This Promotion is not open to the employees of bmi, their immediate families or contractors or any person directly or indirectly involved in the Promotion.
3. The prize shall consist of a return bmi flight from London Heathrow to Cairo for two adults (the "Prize").
4. To be entered into the Promotion, Participants must enter by subscribing to Skyscanner Airmail Newsletter.
5. The Promoter will be responsible for the payment of taxes and charges in respect of the Prize.
6. All dates for the Prize are subject to availability.
7. The Prize must be used for travel between 01 May 2010 and 01 March 2011. The Prize winner and the winner’s companion must travel at the same time.
8. The Prize winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries on 1 May 2010 and will be notified by post within 28 days of this date.
6. If the Prize winner cannot be traced after reasonable efforts have been made by the Promoter, that winner will forego the right to claim the Prize and the Promoter will arrange for a replacement winning entry to be selected.
7. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-changeable.
8. Cash or credit alternatives for the Prize will not be offered.
9. bmi reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified Prize become unavailable for any reason.
10. Prize winners will be responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations. It is strongly recommended that Prize winners take out adequate travel insurance.
11. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under this Promotion to HMRC and for paying any tax liability, which may arise.
12. Transport to and from the destination and arrival airports respectively is the responsibility of the Prize winners.
13. All flights are subject to bmi’s applicable terms and conditions including bmi’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (available at flybmi.com).
14. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event.
16. Entry to this Promotion confirms that Participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
17. By participating in this Promotion, Prize winners grant the Promoter permission to use their name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited).
18. Incomplete or illegible entry forms will be considered void.
19. This Promotion is governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.
20. The Promoter is British Midland Airways Limited, trading as bmi, registered number 464648, registered office: Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SB. VAT no. GB354401186.