This competition is open to all residents of the UK and Ireland except for employees and agencies of Skyscanner or any other person connected to this promotion. The promoter (Skyscanner Ltd) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
The promoter’s decision is final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
This is a free prize draw. No purchase necessary.
No trade, third party or consumer group applicants will be accepted.
Entrants should be 18 years and above.
Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner.
Where the prize involves travel, the winner is responsible – unless otherwise specified – for:
• Paying all fees and taxes
• Arranging appropriate travel insurance
• Familiarising themselves with visa and other travel requirements
• For countries where visas are required, the winner is responsible for applying for and paying for visas in good time ahead of the trip
• For countries operating a visa waiver programme, the winner is responsible for applying for authorisation in good time ahead of the trip
The prize winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
Skyscanner Ltd shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date by publishing any such modification or termination on any Skyscanner Ltd website. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Skyscanner Ltd shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize winners will be awarded on a fair and random basis and the prize has been made available for distribution.
The winners’ names will be made available upon request and will be displayed on our ‘Skyscanner free prize draw winner’s page’.
By entering this prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the conditions.
The judge’s decision shall be final. Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
Winners will be notified in writing / by phone / by email within 28 days of the closing date.
No cash or other alternative prizes are available except that, in the event of circumstances outside of the promoter’s control, they reserve the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value.
If the prizes stated are unavailable, an alternative of the same value will be supplied.
Only one entry per email address is permitted.
By registering and entering your details you consent to receive information and promotions from Skyscanner.
When referring this promotion to a friend, you consent to one email being sent to each referred email address informing them that you have recommended this promotion. No further emails will be sent to referred addresses without the recipients’ active subscription to Skyscanner’s weekly newsletters and promotions
Details are accurate at time of print.
We will not pass your data on to third parties. You are free to unsubscribe from our list at any time, either via the link at the bottom of each email or via our website. Until you unsubscribe, Skyscanner Ltd will send you its weekly newsletters and special promotion emails.
47 Timber Bush
Edinburgh EH6 6QH
Specific terms and conditions for this prize draw/competition
This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the UK aged 18 years or over who is not an employee, agent or director of British Airways Plc (“BA”) or its subcontractors or travel agents nor an employee, agent or director of Skyscanner Ltd. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
• The Promoter is Skyscanner Ltd (company Registration Number: GB 774428503). And the prize draw will take place at Skyscanner Ltd, McGrigors LLP, 5 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7BA
• To qualify for the competition, the Eligible Participant must sign up to Skyscanner’s Airmail weekly newsletter. Entry is made via Skyscanner.net website, signing up to the Airmail weekly newsletter on the dedicated webpage. Applicants will receive confirmation at the time of entry that they have signed up for the newsletter and are entered for the prize draw.
• No purchase is necessary
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes. The promoters are in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web site or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
• The prize consists of one pair of round-trip World Traveller (economy) British Airways flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK or Newark and 3-nights accommodation in New York in a minimum 3 star British Airways Holidays hotel (room only, based on 2 adults sharing a standard double room), (flights and accommodation to be taken together).
• The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel both the outbound and inbound journeys together.
• Prize flights are on mainline scheduled services operated by BA with a BA prefix number. Travel on BA franchise, codeshare and alliance airlines is not allowed. Prize flights include taxes, fees, charges and surcharges. Domestic connections, transfers and other add-ons are not included in the prize. Any additional travel costs must be organised and funded by the prizewinner. All incidental expenses are the responsibility of the prizewinner. The prizewinner is also responsible for any visas and inoculations that may be required to visit the destination that is their prize.
• The prize must be booked 31 March 2010 by sending the completed booking form provided on winning the prize. Details of the address that this form should be sent to will be provided to the winner when the draw has been made. All travel and accommodation is subject to availability and capacity control. Prize flights must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure date by following the instructions provided in the notification. Failure to book within these parameters will automatically disqualify the winner.
• The prize will be confirmed to the Winner within 28 days of their winning date and they will be required to confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing or by telephone within twenty-one days of confirmation. If unclaimed or denied twenty one days after confirmation, the prize will be cancelled.
• The prize must be completed by 30 October 2010. Subject to availability.
• Confirmation of the prize flights and hotel will be sent to the winners at least 7 days prior to the departure dates requested.
• Where available, all prize flight tickets will be issued as e-tickets.
• Flights will be inventory controlled and prize flights will be subject to availability and capacity control, therefore access during school holidays and major sporting and cultural events will be restricted. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats made available on any flight, and it is possible that seats allocated to the prizewinner fare class on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that the prizewinner is unable to book their preferred flight(s).
• Prize flights are non changeable and non transferable. Once booked, no changes can be made to tickets. No cash or credit alternative prizes are offered. No upgrades are allowed.
• All third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
• The prizewinner and their travelling companion are responsible for supplying valid passports and visas. BA recommends that all passengers consider travel and medical insurance prior to commencing any flight.
• Tickets for prize travel are valid for the prizewinner accompanied by one travelling companion. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion and references to the prizewinner include (where the context permits) the travelling companion.
• All travel on BA flights is subject to BA’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
• Prize flights cannot be used in conjunction with any BA Miles programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer(s) by BA or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards, or certificates.
• BA reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
• BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the Promoters’ control.
• Skyscanner is responsible for publishing details of the promotion accurately and administering all aspects of the promotion. British Airways Plc is only responsible for providing and booking the flight and hotel prize (including matters relating to travel).
• Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
• The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Skyscanner Ltd, McGrigors LLP, 5 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7BA