Introducing the flight search geeks that make Skyscanner work
**1. What do you do at Skyscanner?**
I’m in charge of the team that gathers all the flight prices that you find on Skyscanner.
2. What kind of flight geek are you?
Geeky geek/price geek.
3. What best generally describes your travel style:
I’m a wanderer, I’ll go anywhere, anytime.
4. What’s your ideal holiday
Despite living in Edinburgh by choice, I love the sun. Couple that with good food, and I’ve got the perfect holiday. Other things depend on my mood; sometimes I like to learn about the history of a place, sometimes I’m more drawn by the nightlife, and often I just want to lie around all day on the beach. Berlin is one of my favourite destinations.
5. Who’s your ideal travel companion?
My girlfriend, Sarah.
6. Do you fly with children?
7. How do you decide where you want to go?
We get an idea of the kind of holiday we want, shortlist some places we would like to visit, and then start browsing Skyscanner for cheap prices.
8. How do you decide when you want to go?
Skyscanner browse views all the way!
9. What annoys you most about planning holidays?
It annoys me when websites don’t give accurate information.
10. What are you doing in your job at Skyscanner to improve things?
My team and I work tirelessly to eliminate all inaccuracies from the site. We are always testing and responding to user feedback to make sure that all the prices we show are as accurate as possible.
11. What’s your favourite thing about the Skyscanner site?
The wide array of budget airline options available, coupled with the browse views, allow me to drill down on the price I want, every time.
12. What’s your dream feature?
I would love to see browse views with a matrix of return prices – outbound dates along the top and return dates down the side.
13. Favourite websites apart from Skyscanner (not necessarily travel) and why?
TheDailyWTF.com – I love reading about the IT industry as, at heart, I am a computer geek. I always use Hostelworld.com if I’m looking for cheap accommodation.
14. What’s the geekiest thing about you? Your secret geek shame?
I am ashamed of nothing! I am proud to say that I do maths for fun, and program computers to relax.
15. Worst travel experience?
I endured the worst hangover of my life on a 23 hour bus ride from New Orleans to the south of Florida.
Meet more Flight Search Geeks