How high are you willing to go to visit The Big Apple?
Bid in Skyscanner’s first ever Twitter charity auction and win two flights to New York, courtesy of our good friends at Aer Lingus.
Remember, all proceeds will go to UNICEF, the world’s leading organisation protecting the rights of children and young people.
How to Bid
1. Log on to Twitter.com/skyscanner and follow Skyscanner. Bidding opens 9am on Friday 26 August 2011
2. Tweet your bid (in GBP) using the following format:
@skyscanner £AMOUNT #Tweet2Fly http://bit.ly/TwitterFlightAuction
3. At 4pm on Friday 2 September, the highest bidder will win the flights to New York, with all proceeds going to UNICEF
UNICEF is the world’s leading organisation focusing on children and child rights, with a presence in more than 190 countries and territories. They work with local communities, partners and governments to ensure every child’s rights to survive and thrive are upheld. Read more at: Unicef.org.uk
1. All bidders must have valid UK bank accounts
2. All bidders must be willing to make a same day payment on Friday afternoon should they make the winning bid.
3. Payment must be made by direct bank transfer or by PayPal. Cheques, cash and postal orders are not accepted.
4. All bidders must be available on Twitter on Friday afternoon as Skyscanner will direct message them to confirm they are the highest bidder and provide payment details.
5. Cheques, cash and postal orders are not accepted
6. A telephone number and email address must be given within 24 hours of Skyscanner making contact.
7. If payment is not received by 9.30am on Thursday 8th September then the highest bidder will forfeit the flights and the next highest bidder will be contacted.
8. Should the above occur, any payment reached by Skyscanner after this time will be refunded in full.
9. All bids MUST be in the following format: @skyscanner £AMOUNT #Tweet2Fly http://bit.ly/TwitterFlightAuction
Aer Lingus Terms and Conditions:
2 x Tickets to New York, flying from the UK (eligible departure airports below)
• London Gatwick
• London Heathrow
1. The prize is a pair of return Aer Lingus tickets, valid for travel before 29th February 2012 in Economy from Gatwick/Heathrow/Birmingham/Manchester to JFK (New York, USA) Airport.
2. Aer Lingus is not responsible for any additional costs, such as hotel accommodation or transfer’s to/from airports.
3. Minimum booking notice of 4 weeks will apply.
4. There is no cash value or alternative to the flight tickets, which are non-transferable. Frequent Flyer points or miles cannot be accrued.
5. Participants must be 18 years and over.
6. Winner must have a valid passport
7. Tickets will only be issued by e-mail.
8. Aer Lingus reserves the right to change its schedule and routes at short notice and in such an event passengers will be advised via e-mail.
9. While every effort will be made to facilitate the winners with their requests for specific travel dates Aer Lingus reserve the right to choose specific flights and dates.
10. All flights are subject to availability and it may be difficult to obtain first-choice flights during peak travel periods, including but not restricted to: holidays, mid-term breaks or sporting events.
11. Travel insurance is not included in this prize and, if not already covered, it is recommended that winners purchase insurance prior to travel. Travel insurance is available via the Aer Lingus website at www.aerlingus.com
12. All travel is subject to Aer Lingus’s terms and conditions – see aerlingus.com for a complete list.