News BA will publish flight schedule ahead of latest strike action

All articles

BA will publish flight schedule ahead of latest strike action

BA will publish flight schedule ahead of latest strike action

British Airways (BA) has said it intends to publish a flight schedule ahead of the forthcoming strike action so that passengers can make alternative plans if necessary.

Speaking at the Institute of Travel and Meetings conference in London yesterday (May 12th), Richard Tams, BA’s director of sales and marketing, said the situation is far from ideal but that a schedule is "the least we can do".

"In the past strike period it’s been essential to have given people a certainty as quickly as possible so they know whether they can travel," he explained.

"What we need to do is publish a schedule for the first flight period, so people know exactly whether they are going to be able to fly or not and if they’re not, they can make other arrangements."

Mr Tams also said that during the last strike, 80 percent of passengers were successfully transported, and that the remaining 20 per cent needed to be taken care of.

BA cabin crew will hold a further 20 days of strike action, with this due to take place on the following days: May 18-22 inclusive, May 24-28 inclusive, May 30-June 3 inclusive and June 5-9 inclusive.

Map