Popular Car Hire Locations Near Palma
How to search for 7+ seater cars to hire in Palma on Skyscanner
- Using the search box above, or on our Palma car hire page, select your pick-up location as well as the pick-up and drop-off dates and times then hit Search ->
- When the results have loaded, select 7+ from the Passengers filters in the Filter menu.
- Choose a preferred pickup location from the map or the list to see the selection of 7+ seater cars available to hire from that location.
- When you find one that suits your needs, click on the Select button to be shown price options from different suppliers and see more detail about the rental options.
- When you find one you would like to book, click on Select next to that option to be taken to the site where you can reserve the vehicle.
Types of 7+ Seater Vehicles to Hire in Palma
There are several different types of 7+ seater cars and, depending on where you are hiring from, one or more of the following types may be available:
MPV (aka Minivan, Multi-purpose vehicle, people carrier)
These are probably the most common type of 7+ seater family car available today. Essentially a van shaped car with three rows of seats and typically with sliding rear doors providing easy access to the two back rows of seats. Examples of cars in this class include:
- SEAT Alhambra
- Volkswagen Sharan
- Ford Galaxy
- Chrysler Grand Voyager
- Mercedes-Benz V-Class
At a certain size, minivans start to look less like a car/van hybrid and more like a small bus. Indeed, large minivans are essentially commercial vans you’d typically see being driven by tradesmen or being used to transport goods, but in this case outfitted with multiple rows of seats to accommodate up to 9 passengers and all their luggage and usually much more luxuriously equipped. Often used as executive shuttle busses by hotels, these can also be hired from rental companies for personal use if you are travelling with a large group or just have a lot of luggage and equipment to transport. Examples of vehicles in this class include:
- Volkswagon Transporter Shuttle
- Mercedes Vito Traveliner
- Ford Transit 9 Seater
- Peugeot Traveller
SUVs (aka 4x4s, Sports Utility Vehicles)
SUVs are a common site on roads all over the world now – large vehicles usually with ample ground clearance giving them an off-road look (although they are not always 4wd and not always suitable for offroading!) providing practical space, high driving position and plenty of seating. The larger vehicles in this category can comfortably seat 7 with reasonable luggage space left over. 7 seaters in this category include:
- Volvo XC90
- Peugeot 5008
- Nissan X-Trail
- Kia Sorento
- Land Rover Discovery
Large estate cars with 7+ seats are less common to find these days, having mostly been replaced by MPVs and SUVs, but some are still around and may be available depending on where you are renting your car from. Estate cars are often extended versions of hatchbacks or saloons, creating additional boot space and, in some cases also allowing an extra row of seats, whilst still being a low to the ground car. These are often known as 5+2 seat cars as they usually don’t have a proper back row of seats and instead just have 2 extra seats which fold out from the floor of the boot. This of course may mean sacrificing luggage space if you want to use one of these to carry 7 people. Examples of cars in the class include:
- Mercedes E-Class Estate
- Peugeot 308 SW
- Audi A6 Avant