Security Automation Engineer
Skyscanner is proud to be the world’s most trusted travel app and website. Here, our mission is to lead the global transformation to modern and sustainable travel and ensure a seamless experience for all those who want to explore the planet while protecting it.
At Skyscanner, our global presence offers scale and our inclusive work environment gives everyone the chance to make a real impact. Wherever you’ll join us, you’ll work alongside people who’ll inspire you to achieve your best while tackling some of the most exciting challenges within the travel sector.
Our world is different. And we’re proud of that. Less complication. More sense of purpose. You’ll notice it every day, as you help make booking travel easier and more accessible. How? By solving challenges on a grand scale. By building solutions and your own expertise alongside inspirational, supportive colleagues. And by taking personal and professional pride in a product people love to use. Feel the difference. Join us as a Security Engineer.
- Sonarqube Secrets plugin
- CFripper — a static code analysis tool for CloudFormation scripts
- Introducing LambdaGuard — a security scanner for AWS Lambda
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
- You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
- An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
- An ability to converse in English is essential.
- Previous job experience as a software engineer ideally within an internet economy business.
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment.
- Modern engineering mindset- moving fast with confidence backed up by experimentation and split testing.
- Use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
- Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs.
- You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
- Capable of building a new service codebase from scratch, scaling through component driven development.
- Proficiency in Python
- Design and implement immutable infrastructures with AWS and/or Kubernetes.
- Design and implement microservices considering the needs for scalability, high availability and failure tolerance.
- Architect and implement complex, secure, highly available and scalable platforms using AWS.
- Proficiency in AWS Cloud Security.
- Performed security assessments of Web Applications, Mobile applications, Infrastructures and Corporate Networks.
- Experience in the secure development life cycle (SLC).
- Experience integrating automation tools and services in a continuous delivery / integration pipeline.
- Experience integrating Dev Operations automation across the board through self-designed tools and chatbots.
What else can we offer you……
We also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones. Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hackdays per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally. You also have the option to take part in our extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.
Travel means discovering new perspectives and experiencing diverse cultures. And we believe that travel is for everyone. We know that Skyscanner will be strongest when our team is both inclusive and diverse and we are committed to taking that journey together. We will recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure that all of our people can thrive as their authentic selves