Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking a full stack engineer to join us in our Shenzhen office and be part of our highly distributed global team.
Do you relish working with the latest front end technologies including react? If you enjoy a range of technical challenges you can expect a variety of areas to contribute to- along with modern frontend (we’re standardising around React) page speed and SEO are important to us- we’re exploring micro-services and microsites powered NodeJS, with isomorphic server-side rendered components. We’d also love you to be willing to work closer to the server- side as needed, teams may have to tie together API’s, create new ones, and work closer to the backend to achieve great frontend performance.
We’re building some exceptional tooling, with deploy pipelines out of the box, allowing our engineers to ship changes quickly. We're also working on server side/hybrid rendering strategies for our iOS and Android apps as well as looking at React Native.
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. Our engineers work in autonomous teams (squads), they create their own backlog, they ship code whenever they want and don’t have dependencies in order to deliver to their users. Our engine uses global scale services, big data and machine learning to capture, normalise and make sense of real time information from our thousands of partners.
What you can expect as a software engineer
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
- You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
- An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
What we are looking for
- Previous job experience as a software engineer ideally within an internet economy business
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment
- Modern engineering mindset- moving fast with confidence backed up by experimentation and split testing
- Use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement
- Comfortable balancing trade offs between technical, analytical and product needs and understand the difference between Single Page Apps and Server-Side Rendering
- Strong customer focus and appreciation of what makes good product, UX and design
- You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- Capable of building a new frontend codebase from scratch, scaling through component driven development
- Proficiency in modern frontend technologies e.g. ES6, Sass/Less, Webpack, npm, frontend framework- React, Angular, Vue, Backbone and HTML, CSS
- It would be useful to have experience in large scale systems deployed to AWS
What else can we offer you……
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks such as barista coffee, fizzy & fresh drinks, fresh & dried fruit, veg, hummus, popcorn and we can help with ‘down-time’ in the office that includes table tennis, foosball, xbox, and massage chairs.
We also provide for your health with medical insurance, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones.
Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hackdays per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally, and you have the option to take part in Skyscanner extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.