31 Jul 2019 - 1 Aug 2019
2 guests - 1 room
Lusaka is the capital and largest city of Zambia, a landlocked country in central Africa. A wide range of hotels in Lusaka are available to leisure and business travellers, including hotels near the airport.
The hub of urban activity in Lusaka, the central business district provides the opportunity to visit upscale shopping malls, banks and nightlife. Attractions such as the Zambia National Museum and the Chaminuka Game Reserve are within easy reach by car.
1. Those in search of cheap hotels in Lusaka situated in the central business district might consider Kumunzi Backpackers Hostel. It features an on-site restaurant, a bar and free Wi-Fi. Each room has a private bathroom.
2. City Lodge Lusaka is a midrange hotel that is close to major shopping centres and restaurants. It is suitable for those looking for last-minute hotels in Lusaka. It offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant and air-conditioned rooms.
3. Lusaka Hotel is the oldest hotel in the city still in operation, having been established in 1914. A boutique hotel, it has been modernized over the years and provides facilities for workshops, meetings and seminars.
Most of the foreign delegations to Lusaka and Zambian government offices are situated in an area known as the Diplomatic District. Hotels here are ideal for business travellers, particularly those on government business. The area, also home to restaurants and shopping malls, is considered one of the safest in the city.
1. Among the cheap hotels in Lusaka situated in the Diplomatic District is the Bird Nest Backpackers. It offers pet-friendly accommodation, a barbecue facility and on-site restaurant. Free Wi-Fi is also available.
2. Southern Sun Ridgeway is a midrange hotel that is a five-minute drive from the New Government Complex. It offers an outdoor pool, fitness centre and free Wi-Fi.
3. The InterContinental Hotel offers luxury accommodations with a wide range of business services, Wi-Fi and conference rooms. It features an outdoor pool, three tennis courts and restaurants and bars. Upscale shopping centres are within easy reach.
The major airport in Lusaka is Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (LUN), named after Zambia’s first president. It is served by many of the world’s major airlines.
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport Hotels
1. Flintstones Backpackers offers cheap accommodation with easy access to the airport. It features laundry services, a bar, a restaurant and self-catering facilities.
2. Easy access to the airport is also offered by the midrange Protea Hotel, which features warmly decorated rooms with free Wi-Fi, free parking and a breakfast buffet. It also offers a splash pool and a bar.
3. Among the upscale hotels in Lusaka that are situated close to the airport is The Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. An ideal hotel for business travellers, conference goers and those looking for last-minute hotels in Lusaka, it is close to the Mulungushi Conference Centre and the University of Zambia.
Whatever the type of accommodation you need in Lusaka, you will easily find it using Skyscanner to search for the best hotel deals in Lusaka.