24 Apr 2019 - 25 Apr 2019
2 guests - 1 room
Located on the pristine Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz is an ideal destination to enjoy beaches, surfing and a fun bohemian culture. The city is home to a beachside amusement park and a boardwalk, and it has a bustling university scene. The most popular area to visit is the beach boardwalk, which offers oceanfront views and access to the oldest wooden roller coaster in the United States. When visiting Santa Cruz, hotels near the airport are a smart option due to their proximity to town.
One of the most popular parts of Santa Cruz is the area surrounding the University of California at Santa Cruz. The sprawling campus features an arboretum stocked with exotic plants and two distinct wilderness parks to explore.
1. Cheap hotels in Santa Cruz can be found in this area, such as Pacific Inn. This Mediterranean-style hotel features an indoor pool and a free continental breakfast.
2. Among last-minute hotels, a nice midrange option in the university area is the Continental Inn, which is within walking distance of all campus attractions and includes free Wi-Fi.
3. For a boutique hotel experience, the beachfront Dream Inn offers a stunning view of Monterey Bay as well as an outdoor pool, a bar and a restaurant.
Opal Cliffs is an area of Santa Cruz just south of downtown with excellent ocean views and beach access. It is a popular area among vacationers, business travellers and families alike.
1. Last-minute hotels in Santa Cruz with cheap pricing include Quality Inn and Suites Capitola by the Sea, which features modern rooms with Wi-Fi, mini-fridges and coffeemakers.
2. A midrange hotel with access to the Opal Cliffs is the Best Western Plus. It is located just a mile from Capitola Beach, and rooms include fireplaces and whirlpool tubs.
3. For a great boutique hotel option, the Capitola Venetian Hotel is perfect. Balconies and ocean views are available in this historic Mediterranean-style hotel.
San Jose International Airport (SJC) is the closest regional airport to Santa Cruz, and there are many hotels near the airport. Staying close to the airport is convenient because car rentals are available.
1. Cheap hotels in Santa Cruz can be found near the airport, such as La Quinta Inn and Suites. Modern rooms, an airport shuttle and a free breakfast make this a comfortable choice.
2. Hotels in Santa Cruz that are midrange in price include the Residence Inn. It features kitchenettes, free Wi-Fi and living rooms.
3. A boutique hotel near the airport is Homewood Suites. This hotel is near the light-rail station, and rooms offer full kitchens, dining tables and fireplaces.
With so many hotel choices in the Santa Cruz area, booking online through Skyscanner is recommended. It is a great way to filter the location and amenities important to you.
Bolivia’s largest city is often overlooked in most people’s itineraries, but has plenty to offer for those that make the journey. It lacks the star quality that other places in Bolivia offer and doesn’t have many attractions of note, but has more than enough at its disposal to even sustain the most twitchy of travellers for a few days. Its vibrant city centre hosts plenty of live bands, international restaurants and a thriving party scene at night, making weekends a great time of the week to explore the city.
Santa Cruz, Bolivia is a city rich in culture, beautiful landscape, and wonderful people. The nightlife is happening, the art scene is vibrant, the culinary world is blossoming, and there are so many places yet still untouched by man... well, almost.
As tourist locations in Bolivia go, Santa Cruz doesn't have as much to offer as La Paz or Sucre. It is a relatively young city with a sleepy feel to it. Nevertheless, at night things can get fun with several good options for going out at night. Enjoying one of the several excellent hotels during the day and party at night is a good way to finish off your trip to Bolivia.
Linda ciudad, curiosamente organizada por anillos concentricos que vienen a ser las avenidas principales