The Service Management department is responsible for operations of the Skyscanner site and the provision of IT to Skyscanner employees globally. It’s a tight-knit team with a passion for technology and a focus on providing an excellent service.
As an Application Support Administrator within the Central Strategic System Support team your primary role will be to support a number of core business applications, providing application support to their global user base. The applications will include our Finance, HR/Payroll, CRM and Intranet solutions. In addition to these ‘off the shelf’ products, some of the applications supported are likely to have been developed in house. As the senior member of the (initially) 2 person team you will provide leadership and mentoring to the other team member, sharing the benefits of your experience & skills.
This role sits within the wider IT Services team that supports Windows laptops, Exchange email and office network and you may (depending on workloads) be assigned tasks from that wider team.
Key team responsibilities will be to:
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support to all users of the supported strategic systems, work with following (where required) to resolve issues
- Local super users (who sit in main team(s) using the system)
- Main IT Services team/infrastructure team
- External support providers
- Act as initial point of contact for all matters relating to system, for both internal & external parties
- Provide system administration service for the supported strategic systems, including (but not limited to)
- Daily/regular health checks & housekeeping tasks
- User account administration – create, modify, delete (including permission control)
- Rollout of software – client installs, system updates
- Maintenance & distribution of user support material & training (in partnership with local super users)
- Provide basic system changes/enhancements capability in relation to the strategic systems
- Act as central collation point for system change requests, working with local super users & system owners to agree priorities and which can be completed by C3S (vs which require a separately resourced project/initiative)
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to all employees and site visitors using Skyscanner’s corporate and production infrastructure, support the existing systems and deploy new systems as required
- Ensure our applications are secure and are maintained with the latest service packs and fixes
Qualifications & experience required:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant demonstrable experience
It is essential that you have extensive System Administration / Application Support experience, ideally across a number of business functions/applications (including Finance and HR/Payroll).
- Substantial IT support experience with strong customer service skills and a helpful attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and methodical, logical, patient, careful, and accurate
- Good understanding of common system architectures – both internally hosted (client-server, etc) and ‘cloud’ based
- Basic understanding of relational databases (basic SQL skills would be very useful!)
We use the following applications/tools so experience of this would be beneficial but if you’ve not used them before we’ll give you basic training as part of the role:
- Crystal reporting
- Microsoft Office365 & SharePoint 2013 (our Intranet technology)
- Sage X3
- Sage Snowdrop
- Oracle Taleo
Knowledge and experience of the following would also be advantageous in relation to in-house developed systems support.
- Microsoft technologies Windows 7, IE, Office, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, VPN and DHC
- A general understanding of networking technology, including wide area networks, routers, switches, wireless networks, etc.
- A good understanding of security with exposure anti-virus software