Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Software Engineers at Skyscanner work within a fast paced, collaborative, agile environment. Our CRO team works using programming, statistics, and user experience insights to come up ways to improve products across the entire company. Working closely with many areas of the business we design, build, manage, test, and report on all aspects of CRO – from A/B testing, Multi-Variate testing, to Multi-armed bandits.
We are looking for an exceptional client side developers who have demonstrable commercial experience with client side development technologies and practices and you must have a depth of understanding to their design and implementation. You should have a strong desire to build on your existing skills and learn new technologies and you should have a good mix of the following and the motivation to learn the rest.
In addition to this you will need to have a high level of problem solving skills and be able to find simple solutions to potentially complex tasks.
The skills we are looking for:
- Essential to have basic knowledge of the ASP.NET MVC (C#)
- Strong knowledge of jQuery and implementing AJAX based functionality
- Client side templating experience (handlebars, mustache, jsrender, underscore or similar)
- Experience of client-side test automation (e.g. Selenium, WatiR)
Web, HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol including caching
- Strong knowledge of web and accessibility standards
- Understanding of graceful degradation and progressive enhancement techniques
- Responsive design practices / mobile web
Working Statistical Knowledge
- Basic knowledge general statistics e.g. Confidence intervals
- Ability to apply statistics to a software problem
A few other things that would make you stand out from the crowd
- Optimising code for high volume websites
- Content Delivery Networks
- Previous AB testing experience