Playing a key part in the next stage of our development, you will be comfortable with your work quickly being seen by millions of Skyscanner users as part of our suite of award-winning applications. You’ll also be part of a continuously-evolving product delivery team with a busy roadmap of work, big ambitions and an absolute focus on “mobile first”.
So, what are we looking for?
- A strong foundation in Computer Science, with competencies in application development, optimisation and a detailed understanding of the core issues around mobile development
- Extensive experience of the iOS mobile application environment, application architecture, device capabilities and development frameworks:
- Development in XCode with the iOS SDK, Objective-C, Cocoa and Core Data
- Use of Instruments for measuring and improving app performance
- Experience of REST-based JSON and XML APIs and performance best practices for mobile
- Experience of the iTunes setup, including Push Notifications, In-App Purchases and development and release certification process
- Knowledge of development with Service-Oriented Architecture and how it affects mobile client experiences
- Experience of working in a Continuous Integration environment, with a focus on TDD, automation and ‘release anytime’ culture
- Experience of the Agile working environment with Scrum and how a developer role feeds into that process
- Knowledge of the challenges around developing apps for a global, scalable environment and best practices in meeting those challenges
A few other things that would make you stand out from the crowd...
- Experience of working with multiple languages, currencies and cultural settings, and how they are applied within the iOS environment
- Ability to keep up with trends in the mobile development scene and how upcoming OS releases affect short and long-term decisions
- Knowledge of mobile A/B testing frameworks and the most appropriate usage