As an IT Service Engineer you will provide IT support to our employees in the Beijing office. You will support the Windows laptops, Exchange email and office network. You will also help to monitoring the Skyscanner web site.
- To provide first line technical support to all employees and site visitors using Skyscanner’s corporate and production infrastructure, support the existing systems and deploy new systems as required.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing help and advice.
- Assist with the purchase of equipment (software and hardware); advising and specifying. Liaise with appropriate suppliers and software license vendors.
- Perform operational tasks such as, but not limited to, user administration, application support, hardware support, maintaining build/deployment documentation for client systems, etc.
- Maintain software licensing inventory to ensure Skyscanner is always compliant.
- Ensure our applications are secure and are maintained with the latest service packs and fixes.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Developing and promulgating an IT Service knowledgebase.
- Monitor aspects of the Skyscanner global website.
- Any other duties, tasks or responsibilities that may reasonably be required from time to time.
About the Department:
The Service Management is responsible for operations of the Skyscanner site and the provision of IT to Skyscanner employees globally.
- Passionate technologist
- Strong desire to learn new techniques, technologies and advance your skill set
- Good flexibility, independence and self-organisation to prioritise task(s) and jump between multiple jobs and requests
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical people
- Engineer who applies development best practices to ensure quality of solutions
- Degree level or equivalent relevant demonstrable experience. Current Microsoft certifications would be advantageous.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft technologies Windows 7, IE, Office, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, VPN and DHCP. Experience of hardware maintenance – DELL and Lenovo.
- A general understanding of networking technology, including wide area networks, routers, switches, wireless networks, etc.
- A good understanding of security with exposure anti-virus software.
- Well-read and interested in technology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and methodical, logical, patient, careful, and accurate.
- Strong customer service skills, with a helpful attitude.
- Good communicator able to work well with others but also possess the self-discipline and stamina to work on their own.
- Works well under pressure.
- Committed, diligent with good time management skills.
- Excellent written & spoken English and able to speak and write in Mandarin in order to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates
Tell us about
Please provide the notice period of your current employment