Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Due to our continued success we have an exciting new opportunity for an Engineer to join our Web Operations Centre. We are looking for someone to monitor Skyscanner.net and be able to respond quickly to issues as they occur, making improvements to prevent future reoccurrences and providing an excellent service to all customers globally.
The Service Management team is a small, tight-knit team who are passionate about technology and focussed on delivery great performance and availability of the Skyscanner suite of platforms.
- Monitor the performance of Skyscanner website globally on all devices.
- Provide 1st line technical support to Skyscanner.net
- Liaise with the Infrastructure, Database and Data Acquisition teams to resolve live incidents and implement permanent resolutions.
- Manage issues via the Incident and Problem process.
- Produce trends and themes based on the performance monitoring undertaken
- Understanding of Web Performance Management
- Experience in using application performance monitoring (APM) tools, e.g. Compuware Gomez
- Experience in Wide Area Networks support and problem analysis
- Experience in the support of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, IIS in a large, complex environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (ESX, Hyper-V, VM).
- Experience using and supporting Linux.
- Well-read and interested in technology.
- Experience in using and supporting Powershell
- Experienced of ITIL Incident and Problem management procedures for managing service issues.
- Awareness of change control and release management procedures in an ITIL environment.
Be quick before this opportunity flies away!