As search is one of the core traffic drivers for Skyscanner our team focus our efforts in both organic and paid search strategies, each individually designed in respect of market specific requirements and the search engines used there (this is not always Google!).
The search team understand that our website design and search strategies should be user-led, as a site designed and developed for users with ultimately perform better not just in search but in user interaction and conversions. As such we have placed search at the heart of our company with all teams having an understanding of our purpose and how their role can impact our results for example:
- Engineering – to ensure all new pages/features are fully optimised and accessible to all search engines
- PR - to identify link opportunities within the activities we currently undertake, resulting in natural links which will drive both traffic and support our rankings.
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Link analysis
- Opportunity identification
- Paid search campaign development
- Bid management
- New page creation/development