Alamo - Compare Car Hire Deals with Skyscanner
Why use Skyscanner?
- 2 million users - Every month skyscanner helps more than 2 million people compare car hire providers. So you can search all car hire with Alamo on one website
- 800 providers worldwide - We compare over 800 car hire providers including some of the biggest names
- No fees - We don't charge you any commission, so you get the same price as if you'd gone direct to the seller
Alamo Rent a Car is so named not for its location, nor after the 1960 American historical blockbuster about the 1836 Battle of the Alamo directed by John Wayne, but for the simple fact that its creators wanted it to be the first car hire company that people came across in the phone book!
Now the third largest car hire agency in the US, it looks like the idea paid off. With branches to be found all over the US as well as Europe, Africa and Australia; Alamo has earned its stripes thanks to its clever 'Unlimited Mileage Scheme'. This means that anyone hiring a car can drive any distance without occurring additional charges which is often the case with rival firms. Great news for those who love long American road-trips!
Starting out in 1974, Alamo knew the draw of clocking up unlimited miles at no extra cost would be a huge draw to thousands of American holidaymakers and visitors to the States, who quickly made Alamo the country's most popular holiday car hire provider. Alamo rewarded their customers with 'Instant Alamo Rent a Car', online internet booking and travel tools that offer weather updates, driving directions and even ideas for kids games to play while on the road!
Alamo also innovatively pioneered the hire car industry's first self-service booking system with over 170 'book-it-yourself' booths located all over America. This, combined with their slick, modern and roomy 'rental plazas' was such a winning formula that Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts made Alamo their official 'go-to' hire car company, earning them an even larger customer base.
Enterprise Holdings were so impressed with Alamo's credentials that they acquired the business in 2007 and today still maintain their long established partnerships with airlines and travel agents alike; giving not only their US customers, but a whole generation of global customers, the most comprehensive possible.
Most popular searches performed by our users this month:
- Car hire from affordable Car Hire
- Car hire from Alamo
- Car hire from Argus Car Hire
- Car hire from Atlas Choice
- Car hire from Auto Europe
- Car hire from AutoEscape
- Car hire from Avis
- Car hire from Avis
- Car hire from Car Rental Express
- Car hire from CarDelMar
- Car hire from carrentals
- Car hire from East Coast RAC
- Car hire from Ebookers
- Car hire from Economy Bookings
- Car hire from Economy Car Hire
- Car hire from eDreams
- Car hire from ENJOY Car Hire
- Car hire from Enterprise
- Car hire from EuropCar
- Car hire from Europcar
- Car hire from Expedia
- Car hire from Firefly Car Rental
- Car hire from Green Motion
- Car hire from Hertz
- Car hire from Instant Cabs
- Car hire from National Car
- Car hire from Netflights Carhire
- Car hire from Nova Car Hire
- Car hire from Opodo
- Car hire from rent.it
- Car hire from rentalcars.com
- Car hire from Right Cars
- Car hire from Sixt
- Car hire from Thrifty Worldwide
- Car hire from Vehicle Rent